Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Embracing Life’s Seasons, with Joy

IMG_8425

Winter.  Spring.  Summer.  Fall.

All of those words bring images to our minds.  Some bring comfort.  Others may bring hesitation and concern.

Some people like to live in places, or at least dream of living in places, where there is no huge change in the seasons.  On the other hand, I actually enjoy living in a state where there are distinct seasons and wouldn’t choose to leave unless God spoke a word from heaven.

However, I find myself struggling at times to feel the same way about my life.  I don’t always enjoy being in a more wintry season.  I feel like I have been in a difficult season of life for a long time now.  Feelings of loneliness, barrenness, and despair sometimes accompany me.  Days can seem like weeks, as I struggle and strive to produce order and victory in my own life and home.  It isn’t always easy to feel joyful about this season of my life.  However, if I step back and gain proper perspective, I can see how blessed I am even in this wintry season.

To tell you the truth, I am spoiled rotten.

I have a man who loves me,
Children who desire to be with me,
and friends who bless me.

I don’t have to go outside of my home to earn a paycheck.
As my husband says, “I make the money.  You make the home.”

I have a beautiful house,
am well-provided for,
and continually have tasty and nutritious food to enjoy.

I am part of the Body of Christ,
am cleansed by Jesus’ blood,
am forgiven and redeemed,
and loved immensely by God.

I have a great pastor,
appreciate my local church tremendously,
and still possess the freedom to worship my God in my own country.

And the list goes on and on…

Yes, even during this wintry season of mine, I have plenty to uphold me.  I have plenty of blessings to go around. 

It is essential for me to accept the difficulties God allows in my life and still see the great beauty that lies all around me.

Are you in a difficult season of life?

God is still there and His beauty surrounds you.

Stand back and take a good, hard look.

No comments:

Post a Comment