Monday, February 9, 2015

Quick, Rustic Breakfast Parfait

Quick, Rustic Breakfast Parfait - The Cozy Nook

My oldest son, especially, likes breakfast parfaits. Oftentimes I do not make them because I don’t have granola on hand. The other morning I decided to make one, a bit rustic-style.

I chopped up some pecans and almonds and toasted them with some oats in my toaster oven at 400 degrees for a couple minutes. The items toast quickly, so watch them carefully while you are toasting.

After I took the crunchy mixture out of the oven, I put it in a bowl and drizzled maple syrup on top. Then I gently stirred the mixture.

Then came the layers: creamy, plain yogurt, the nutty oat combo, and some wholesome fruit – frozen blueberries, chopped pear, and sliced banana.

It was rustic, delicious, and nutritious! … and Quick!

Enjoy!

1 comment: