Thursday, October 9, 2014

31 Days to Becoming Less Stressed, More Refreshed. Day 9: Take Your Vitamins.

Take Your Vitamins - The Cozy Nook

Taking my vitamins is another area where I have fallen short over the years. Within the past couple months, I have become FAITHFUL at taking my supplements because my health truly depends upon them. I feel so much more stable when I take my vitamins and take better care of myself, in general.

When I think of vitamins, I think of them being like the glue that fills in all of the cracks and crevices – building material that is lacking in our diets and bodies that is necessary for good health.

Taking vitamins on a regular basis provides another boost to our bodies that helps us be strong and manage each day’s needs more successfully.

I would highly recommend taking a good multi-vitamin and B complex. When I started taking vitamins years ago, my baseline became a multi-vitamin, B Complex, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. A multi-vitamin helps fill in the general gaps. B Complex is known for helping our bodies cope with stress. I have had friends say how different they feel when they don’t take their B Complex!

It is important to buy good quality vitamins – companies who use pure and potent ingredients, do research, test their products, etc.

I buy my vitamins from Vitacost. They sell many good brands.

Whenever I buy vitamins, I do my own research. I read labels and read about the companies. If I am going to invest in vitamins, I want to make sure I am investing in something that is good for my body that will actually work!

If you are able to get a nutritional evaluation done to see what you are lacking that helps tremendously. Recently, my cardiologist did a comprehensive blood workup, and I found out some of my deficiencies. I am taking a handful more supplements now and find them helping me tremendously!

As you do your research and work with your doctor, you can also take what is good for your health issues. For instance, I have heart issues so I am taking fish oil and CoQ10.

If you have never been a believer in vitamins but are struggling with managing stress or with health conditions, I encourage you to try them!

Take Action: If you already own vitamins but are not taking them regularly, make a plan to start taking them! If you do not have vitamins, I encourage you to invest in some that may make a big difference in the quality of your days.

31 Days Less Stressed, More Refreshed 100

No comments:

Post a Comment