Monday, November 26, 2012

The Value of a Spiritual Journal

PB260045

Do you have a spiritual journal?

Recently, I established one for myself.  It's nothing special, yet altogether special. It appears to be a simple, spiral-bound notebook but inside it contains Scriptures, prayer requests, quotes from books, urges from the Lord, and my heartfelt ups and downs in life.

When I sit down to read my Bible and spend time with the Lord, I bring along my spiritual journal.  It's my buddy.  My journal is a friend who listens to the words I share and blesses me in return, reflecting my spiritual journey as it brings important people and thoughts to mind time and time again.

If you don't have a spiritual journal, I encourage you to think about starting this life-giving habit.  It's another simple step in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely reminder of something so meaningful. I have a journal, but am not faithful to write in it, but try to record my hubby's health issue episodes and special blessings. It helps me to recall them again and again...I love being able to share our blessings with others. Thanks so much for this great post. Sweet Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one, a few actually. I am not good at remembering to journal my thoughts down. I started a project a while back, in drawing in my journal and posting about it. I should start that again. It was very encouraging to my own heart.

    ReplyDelete