Wednesday, May 23, 2012

As He Thinks in His Heart, So Is He.

In less than two weeks, I will be hosting my niece’s graduation party.  She has lived with us for three and a half years now, and it is time to celebrate her achievements.  When I started thinking about the graduation party a few months ago, I felt I just could not do it.  The very thought of being responsible for approximately 200 people’s well-being within the span of four hours seemed absolutely overwhelming.

What would I serve?
How would I store the food?
Where would everyone sit?
Could I get my house in shipshape condition?

Negative thinking, fret, and worry entered my mind.  A friend of mine pointed out that she was hearing the words, “stressed” and “overwhelmed” coming out of my mouth a lot.  She told me to “STOP IT!”

Although it was hard to hear her rebuke, I knew it was true.  How would I ever pull off the graduation party with success if I was already defeated in my mind, without even TRYING to do anything?! 

My thinking needed to change, and it did – by the sweet grace of God.

I began to think I COULD do this.
I began to pick my friends’ brains, those who have walked this path before.
I began to exhaust my resources and plan with my husband.
I began to believe in myself and believe that this graduation party was possible!

What have you been thinking lately?

What types of thoughts have you had about your God, yourself, your family, your relationships and your responsibilities in life?

Thoughts are the seeds of our beings’ fruit.
”As he thinks in his heart, so is he.”  Proverbs 23:7

Our thoughts reveal who we really are.  They reveal our struggles as well as our hopes and dreams.

The thoughts we have rule our lives
for they affect and even become actions.

Our thoughts have the power to make or break our lives.

What will you do today about your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Ack!! This is so me lately! One thing at a time, I'm trying to fight my thoughts and change my attitude about things. Only with God's help can I do that!

    I know you can pull this off friend and you certainly don't have to do it all on your own - ask for help! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete