Friday, June 3, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

In my life this week…

I continue to learn from the Lord as life seems to pummel me each day.  I am trying to grow in grace, strength, and faith!

In our homeschool this week…

For the most part, we homeschool year-round.  Last week I was trying to tie things up so we could take a break and realized that I am just too burnt out to keep going.  I have declared a vacation!  We will take off the next few weeks, which will be great since we have a vacation and a garage sale planned for this month.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

My boys are going camping with their father and the other boys and men of the church this weekend.  They LOVE this annual campout.  They always come back on Sunday needing a three or four hour nap. 

My daughter and I are going to a tea house tomorrow with some of the mothers and daughters who are left behind from the boys’ campout.  It should be fun!  Beforehand I am getting a much-needed haircut!  I have not had a”real” haircut in a year, so I am looking forward to this treat!

My parents are coming over tonight to spend time with us, girls, and to help watch the baby tomorrow while I am out at the tea.  I am looking forward to a fairly laidback weekend!

My favorite thing this week was…

I received a beautiful, heartfelt card with a Spode blue and white trivet from a precious friend as a token of appreciation.  It’s been a tough week, so this gesture of friendship meant a lot to me.

Questions/thoughts I have…

Does anyone have any good thoughts about organizing your school items or keeping good records?  I will be evaluating these aspects of my school over the summer and hoping to improve.

Books I’m reading…
I am reading America’s Cheapest Family.  I hope to share some of the tidbits I am gleaning here on my blog.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

IMG_8763

My son celebrated his 6th birthday this week!  He’s a sweetheart!

2 comments:

  1. We also plan to have a year round school but very laid back, keeping up with math and reading and since its summer, science! I plan to have 2 days a week of school but we will see how it goes..asking the Lord for guidance.

    I love your weekend..sounds lovely!

    Your friends sweet card reminded me I want to look for stationary to send cards too.

    Lets see, for organization..I have folders for each child per subject. They love to tuck their accomplished papers in them. I also got a free floor to ceiling file cabinet which helps alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have homeschooling organizational ideas -- things we used that worked for us. I just have to have time to sit and remember and post! :-) Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete