Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Date with My Son

IMG_7610

Last night I had a date with my son.  It was very delightful!  First we stopped at the dollar store and Target, where I had to pick up a handful of things.  Then we went to his desired location – Panera Bread.  It was his reward for filling up his pom jar!  We cherished our time together.  We didn’t have as much time as would have liked at Panera Bread, but it was still fun.  We ate our goodies and then played some drawing games on a napkin.  I felt a bit rushed, but I TRULY enjoyed it.  The whole experience brought a smile to my heart and does, even now, as I write about it.  He is such a sweetheart, and I love being with him.  It’s great to be alone with one of your children.  You can really bond in a special way, getting to know that child individually. 

Have you had a date with one of your children lately?

Plan it!

6 comments:

  1. Man! You lucked out! I can't believe he wanted to go to Panera Bread! I love that place... but I wouldn't have thought a kids his age would too! :) I remember dates with my mom and dad - very special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE dates with Alexa!! It's so great to experience life through her eyes, finding out just what's in her little heart.
    Glad you had that experience--how fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Looks like you both benefited from him filling up his jar! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dates with the kids is one thing I am going to look forward to.

    I know he deserved this time out with mommy after all the hard work he did to fill his jar. What a special time for you and him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, really loved hearing about your date night. I love doing this with my boys as well, it's usually something very low key but brimming with love and laughter. It is so hard to get that one on one time but when it does happen it lasts for a long time, creating a special bond!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a special evening even if it was alittle too short. I really do try and make special dates with each of my children. They love it and look forward to it. Its sweet how they cherish the memories we make together and go on and on about our time!! This is a great reminder, I think my oldest is due! :-)

    ReplyDelete