Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Resurrection Celebration

I know all of you are sitting on the edge of your desk chair, waiting to see how my Resurrection (Easter) dinner went!

Here’s what I served:

IMG_4764

*designates someone else brought the food

  • Spiral Glazed Ham
  • Brined Roasting Chicken with Gravy
  • Croissants with Strawberry Honey Butter
  • Cheesy Potatoes*
  • Green Bean Casserole*
  • Spring Salad Mix with Strawberries, Glazed Pecans, and Raspberry Dressing
  • Banana Split Dessert
  • Grandma Drops (no-bake cookies)*
  • Homemade Lemonade

As you can see, I ended up making a ham.  It was my first ham, and people say it turned out well.  A friend had recommended buying the ham from Costco and just following their directions.  Well, sure enough – it worked for me!  I didn’t actually eat any of the ham, but it smelled good in the oven.  :-)

All of the dishes were delicious, and we had a nice time.  I hope your Resurrection Day celebrations were great!  What did you serve or eat?

2 comments:

  1. You made quite the meal. It looks like is was Delish! I have never made a ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, GREAT job. That looks wonderful! It was just the two of us for Easter - we had sandwiches and potato skins. :)

    ReplyDelete