Saturday, April 17, 2010

Grocery Insanity!

IMG_4885

Is anyone as insane as I am when it comes to grocery shopping?  I went to FOUR stores over the past few days to get almost everything I needed:

  • Costco (bulk items)
  • Trader Joe’s (certain very reasonably-priced healthful choices)
  • Nino Salvaggio’s Fruit Market  (produce and a few other things)
  • Target (canned goods, toiletries, etc.)

I do not always go to four stores.  Normally I hit two stores a week:  Nino’s and Walmart .   This week I went to Target instead of Walmart because I needed something specific there.  Of course with that change, that still made my grocery shopping incomplete!  Yes, believe it or not, even after four stores, I STILL have a few grocery items I have yet to buy.  I am going to try to wait until next week, when I will have to buy pretty minimally since I bought most of my items for two weeks with these trips. 

Juggling quality, quantity, and healthfulness puts my brain into full gear.  I am always trying to improve my trips, be conscientious of my spending, and eat healthfully.  Many times I feel discouraged and beat up, though.  I do not find this to be an easy task.  Thankfully I usually rejuvenate within the next couple days of my shopping when I can start using all of my lovely groceries and make delicious, fairly healthy meals. 

What are your grocery shopping habits?

2 comments:

  1. I used to go several places every Friday, but I have really had to simplify of the past few months. I still go to Sam's, Target, Winn-Dixie, and Wal-Mart, but not in the same day or even the same week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well we are gluten casein soy free and try and eat whole foods. there are a couple of things i can only get at WF and there are a couple of thigns that are way cheaper at TJ. So i make bi-monthly runs there. I also bought part of a side of beef. that has really saved me. and joined a farm co-op. That makes an extra stop for me every once in awhile. oh and i haven't been to costco in a year except on someone else's membership about a month ago. it is freeing!!! and Amazon- i buy a lot of things on amazon that i use a lot of (Bob's red mill GF oats, coffee pods for my keurig.) their prices, esp when you do a subscription, is very very good. (just your shopping tip for the day.) ;)

    ReplyDelete