Day #3. It’s been an interesting start to the Whole30. The first day seemed very challenging. The past two days felt like a rollercoaster, sometimes feeling victory and vision for the diet while other times feeling as if I just can’t do this.
My journey into the Whole30 really started with my daughter. Her ballet teacher did the diet with her husband, and they had tremendous results and loved it! My daughter felt inspired, and also wants her parents to be a little more, ahem, trim and healthy, so she thought we should go for it.
I also had recent exposure to the diet from my blogger friend, Lisa Marie, who just finished the diet and appreciated it as well. She is in the midst of writing some posts regarding her experience so make sure you hop over to her blog for some encouragement if you are thinking about the program.
The Basic Rules for the ProgramNo Grains.
For 30 days!
*See more details on their web site.
I have to be honest… At this point, I don’t know how long we will do this. I am not quite sure we were prepared for such a radical change. My husband and I were teasing tonight that we may just do the Whole7 or something.
However, I am trying to stay positive and take each moment as it comes, choosing healthy options, trying new recipes, adding more vegetables to our repertoire, and gaining more perspective.
My Meal Plan for This Week:
- Beef Burrito Bowls (Beef with seasonings, Sauteed onions and peppers, Lettuce, Tomato), Cauliflower Rice, Watermelon.
- Burgers without a bun, piled with sautéed onions and mushrooms, sliced tomato, shredded lettuce, and a good dollop of mustard. Steamed green beans.
- Roasted Chicken, oven-roasted cabbage, mashed potatoes.
- Chicken Tacos, wrapped in lettuce instead of shells. Baked sweet potato or sautéed veggies.
- Grilled Chicken Salad.
- Indian Butter Chicken. Roasted Cauliflower.
- Beef Stew.
- Sautéed Kale, Mushrooms, Onions, and Tomatoes with Baked Egg.
- Bacon and Mushroom Omelet.
- Fried Egg with Bacon and fruit.
- Breakfast Scramble, without cheese.
- Fattoush Salad, with or without grilled chicken.
- Baked Potato, topped with a fried egg and bacon. Veggie or Fruit on the side.
- Tuna Nicoise Salad.
- Grilled Vegetable Lettuce Wraps. I am just planning to grill some vegetables and serve them inside lettuce with a vinaigrette dressing.
Have you tried the Whole30?
What was your experience like?
Are you currently making changes to your diet?