Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Parenthood: Standing in the Gap with Grace for Your Children

Standing in the Gap with Grace for Your Children - The Cozy Nook

Many times we have expectations for our children. Many times our children fall short. They are human after all, just like us.

We want them to be able to do certain things and achieve certain goals, and sometimes it is easy to focus on what isn’t getting done rather than what is getting done.

In the end, we have to accept where our children are in life and make up for their lack with the strength, wisdom, love, and knowledge we have.
That, my friends, is parenthood.

God the Father is a great example of this. All He asks is that we do our best, that we follow Him the best that we can, that we love Him the best that we can, and He makes up for the rest. He asks us to trust, rest, and lean on Him.

He fills in the gaps of our lives with His grace and mercy and helps us succeed in life.

That is what we must do for our children.

I realize how much I need the Lord to fill my life with His grace. I realize how much I lack and need Him to carry me. In the same way, I want to support my children.

They may take longer to grow into certain habits that I desire for them, and I want to have the endurance to walk alongside of them patiently -- teaching, training, and loving them into maturity.

They may be weak in some areas where I wish they were strong. I pray I may be strong for them, supporting them and loving them as God fashions them and shapes their weaknesses into strengths.

They may need extra assistance and extra tender loving care. I hope that I will be a gracious and generous mother, giving from a heart of abundance.

The true nature of good parenthood is to give. It is the heart of a good parent to give fully to her children so they may benefit and grow up well.

May God give us the power and strength to fill our children’s lives with His grace and mercy, just as He so lovingly does for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment