Sunday, November 8, 2015

Living Through Difficult Times: Remembering God Has a Plan and a Purpose!

The Cozy Nook - God Has a Plan and a Purpose

I was dragging a bit today. My mind was mulling over the past month’s difficulties and feeling a bit discouraged…

  • My pastor’s wife passed away.
  • A loved one was in the hospital.
  • I came down with pneumonia and am still fighting it.
  • Due to the pneumonia, I missed traveling out of state with my family to watch my son play in a national homeschool soccer tournament.
  • My father-in-law was rushed to the hospital yesterday, just as we were preparing to celebrate a wedding, and is now in critical condition.

I feel a bit worn out – physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I was trying to rest and regroup, as I usually do on Sundays, and needed to tackle the bills. As I stepped into my role of responsibility, a thought came to me:

God has a plan and a purpose for you right now, and that is what you need to focus on.

It’s so true! In the midst of all of life’s icky, sticky messes, God has a plan and a purpose for our lives, and that is what we need to cling to.

“For I know the thoughts (plans) that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Jeremiah 29:11

We have to remember that GOD has plans for us. He always does. No matter what life looks like and what is going on around us, GOD has a plan for us, and it is His plan that will prevail and weave through the fabric of life.

God has a plan. He is not surprised by the mishaps and bumps in the road. He is prepared. He knows just how to help us. He is able to strengthen us. He desires to carry us and fill our hearts will peace and fullness of joy.

Not only does he have a plan for our lives, actively working with us and through us in all circumstances, He has a purpose for everything.

“And we know all things work together for good to those who love God.”
Romans 8:28

God has a purpose for ALL THINGS. He is working it all for good.

We only see a slice of the cake, a piece of the puzzle, but God… He sees it all! He sees the whole picture, and He creates His masterpiece with every little bit, with a perfect purpose in mind!

When life is difficult, we have to get our minds off of the natural and dig deep into our souls, reminding us of these precious truths.

God has a plan and a purpose!

1 comment:

  1. So, so true. And so good to remember in light of all that is happening in the world right now. God is in control, and works all He does for good. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete