Friday, May 2, 2014

A Moment of Potential Greatness–When Everything is Falling Apart

A Moment of Potential Greatness When Life is Falling Apart - The Cozy Nook

It was a Monday.

It felt like a Monday.

I started the day well, but oh how quickly it unraveled.

Our school day was difficult.
Bad attitudes and lack of motivation prevailed.
I felt quite stressed and maxed out by lunch time.
By dinner time, I was flat-out exhausted.

Soon enough, I was reminded of my failures.
I was reminded of painful areas of my life.
I was reminded of just how empty life can feel times.

I felt like I was at the bottom of a pit.

Everything seemed to be falling apart.

I needed hope. I needed reassurance that everything was going to be okay and that “this too shall pass”.

In moments like this, I know I need a touch from God. I began to pray in my heart. My thoughts were directed towards Jesus and His death and resurrection.

When Jesus was crucified, died and buried, everything seemed to be falling apart. Surely, that was the gloomiest day in history – when the Son of God was in the grave.

Think about it. The Son of God, the Author of life, the Giver of hope, was in the grave! It was certainly a gloomy day!

However, that gloomiest day in history
led to the most glorious day in history!

Jesus did not remain in the grave. He is risen!

Before Jesus rose, life fell apart. The world fell apart. Its Savior was in the grave.

Some people must have felt very disheartened and hopeless. Others, though, remembered Jesus’ words, ““The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And after He is killed, He will rise the third day.” (Mark 9:31)

Jesus’ promise and fulfillment of His resurrection gives us hope!

When life falls apart, it is easy to give in and give up or at least to feel like doing so.

When life is falling apart, though,
greatness lies on the other side.

The only way from the bottom is up!

God is the giver of hope.
God is the giver of life.
God is the giver of joy.

Is your life falling apart?

Don’t give up! Don’t give in!
Keep living fully and trusting God
that HE will reward you.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment