Monday, October 21, 2013

Banana Banana Bread

 
Autumn is such a wonderful time to bake! It was quite dreary and rainy here today, lending itself to be one of those cozy, fall days you appreciate as you wear your favorite sweater, drink some tea or coffee, and do some baking!
 
I made some banana bread today, and it was nothing but delicious! I have tried several banana bread recipes over the years and have had a low-success rate. This recipe, though, is a keeper!
 
I really believe the eggs in the recipe add great texture, and the generous amount of bananas make the bread oh-so-very yummy.
 
I like to blend in my bananas, because I do not like chunks of banana in my baked goods.

Banana Banana Bread
original recipe on Allrecipes.com
printable version

2 cups all-purpose flour (I use my favorite flour)
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
*I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, starting with the creaming of the butter and sugar and beyond.

Beat in eggs and mashed bananas, until well-mixed.
Mix in flour mixture, until moistened and mixed together.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until you insert a toothpick in the center, and it comes out clean. (My oven cooks fast, so mine was done in 55 minutes. Know your oven and watch it carefully.)

Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn it out onto a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment