Monday, December 24, 2012

The Best Gifts

PC240034-001

When I was a child, I LOVED opening gifts on Christmas.  As I have grown older, I still enjoy receiving gifts, but I absolutely love giving them. I love blessing people and seeing the joy on their faces when they open the gift.  I love knowing that I have touched a heart and brought some happiness.

The experience of giving someone a precious gift reminds me that it is the love, joy, and fulfillment of that experience that is actually the gift in and of itself.

The best gifts in life are those that stem from the very heart of God and reach the soul of man, blessing his days with pleasant emotions.

Our treasured family and friends
Peace during a trial
The secure sense of protection
Sincere and committed love between a husband and wife
Sacrificial love from a parent to a child
The value of self-control
The awe we feel when we see God’s beauty around us
Knowing God personally.

Each day we are presented with valuable gifts.

This Christmas, may we remember the best gifts – the wonderful experiences we have every day with our every day people and every day lives.

This Christmas, may we remember, of course, the best gift of all… that Jesus Christ, God Himself, came to earth that we might have life abundantly.

Thank you, Jesus!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. So true, Lisa! And such a good reminder with all the busyness to remember what is most important. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gift of love from Lisa and Brian and their family is more than any gift my wife and I could ever receive in a gift box. And they give us plenty!

    ReplyDelete