Monday, September 17, 2012

Making Mornings Easier–Laminated Checklists

P9090028

Mornings can be grueling sometimes.  I grow weary of being the pony motor, continually checking in with my children and pushing them to get through their morning responsibilities – things they have done for days, weeks, months, and years.

I decided to make my children checklists.  I figured these checklists could serve as good reminders of what they are to do each morning.

I whipped up some lists on the computer, printed them, laminated them with Contact paper, cut them, and adhered them to my children’s doors with an envelope containing a whiteboard marker between them.

P9100002

Now I don’t have to say, “Go do ____________” as much.  I just ask if their sheets are complete.

Thank God for tools that make a mom’s life a tad easier!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! My kids have a schedule that is taped to the kitchen cabinet. I used to print off a ton of little schedules and then they would mark off each thing, and when they were done sign the back and give it to me. But that got old. And I forgot to print out more. :-) I always love mixing it up, and this is the perfect way to do it.

    (And I read this before heading to my monthly Wal Mart trip, so I'll be sure to pick up some contact paper....)

    ReplyDelete