Friday, June 8, 2012

The Graduation Party

Recently I told you how, months ago, I could hardly believe that I could pull off a successful graduation party for my niece.

Well, I did it! … We did it! … God did it!

With the great help of my wonderful husband, kids, our family, and friends, we were blessed with an enjoyable celebration.

P6020154-001

My refrigerator was packed and ready to go the day before!

P6030155

 

The Menu:

BBQ Meatballs
Fried Chicken (purchased)
Tortellini Alfredo
Italian Pasta Salad
Watermelon

Cake
BrowniesP6030167
Peanut Butter Cookies

Sweet Tea
Lemonade
Water

 

 

 

The Setup

P6030181

We rented two tents and 100 chairs from a rental company and borrowed ten tables from our church.  We also set up some activities in the yard:  badminton, bean bag toss, and a disc golf basket in the front yard.  Our basketball hoop was also up in the driveway. 

Memorabilia

P6030165

I organized a table with some of my niece’s senior pictures for show and also as favors.  I also put out her diploma, a card box, and a journal guests could sign.  Inside our home, we displayed a slide show of pictures on our TV of my niece over the years.

Overall, everything was a success.  Our guests enjoyed themselves, and our niece did too.  I feel so completely, utterly thankful to God.  He is good and carries us through things that seem very big for us to handle.

If you are planning a big celebration, don’t fear!  You can do it!  Plan and prepare the best you can.  Ask for help, especially from the Lord, for He is faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't have a chance to comment on this yet - but saw it! SO happy for you and knew it would turn out great!!! God is so good! You really did a beautiful job - I'm sure all your hard work was greatly appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete