Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Keeping Toddlers Busy

Last fall my baby was a few months old and people wondered how I would be able to homeschool.  My comfort then was that I had homeschooled with a baby before and also knew that last fall would pale in comparison to this fall.  After all, this fall I am homeschooling with a… toddler!  What do you do with a toddler for the entire day?

Here are some ideas for keeping your toddler busy, whether you homeschool or not:

A Notebook and Crayons for Scribbling

IMG_9475

Containers with Craft Pom Poms

Just be careful the toddler does not EAT them!

IMG_9479

Chore Time

Toddlers can do things like help with the laundry, taking out clean laundry from the dryer and putting in the next wet load.

IMG_9490

Sticker Time

This is a more interactive activity.

Peel off stickers for your toddler to place on other sheets of paper.

IMG_9488

Playthings:

Toys that come in sets, like blocks or animals.

Safe kitchen items, like measuring cups and bowls.

Books!

IMG_9520

… And don’t forget to use the Pack ‘N Play!  ~smile~

Your child may not like it in the beginning.  Persevere!  Aim for small amounts of time.  It is okay if you listen to a bit of crying at first.  It’s for your own sanity and the rest of your household!

Enjoy your toddler!

She grows fast!

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas indeed! Last week I thought I would be needing to school with a toddler! Now, of course, that is moot but this post would have been very timely for me had that been the case!

    ReplyDelete