Monday, September 26, 2011

Doing the Laundry

Recently I shared my laundry “system” with a friend of mine. She said it helped her, so I thought I would share some tips with you.

1. Establish a good spot where people can put their laundry.

Each of my children’s rooms have a basket like this where they put their dirty items.

IMG_9719

My husband and I actually sort our items as we put them in baskets. These baskets are in our closet and are labeled: whites, lights, darks, and other (reds, delicates, and sheets).

IMG_9721

2. Pick a good day to tackle most of your laundry.

Mondays are my main laundry day. I like to start cycling the laundry Sunday night to get a head start. I collect all of the children’s laundry at once when I am ready to begin the process.

IMG_9720

3. Sort the laundry so it is ready to wash!

I sort all of the kids’ laundry in my family room and start washing! If the loads are not full, I will get some of the already-sorted laundry in our bedroom and add it to the load. I proceed through the children’s loads this way first and then do anything additional that is left.

4. Cycle the laundry as continually as you can!

IMG_9723

5. Create a system for clothes once they are folded.

When I get the clothes out of the dryer, I fold them and put them in separate laundry baskets, according to bedrooms. That way, I can drop off the baskets for unloading into drawers and closets.

IMG_9740

What helps you get your laundry done?



Growing Home

1 comment:

  1. Good post! And quite amazing since I have been thinking of doing a laundry post myself. It's been on my mind for a number of days now. Great minds.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete