Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summerizing the Closet

I FINALLY got around to organizing and cleaning out my closet to prepare it for summer.  Besides not being able to get to the task very well, it’s always hard for me to “get rid” of the winter items until I’m quite certain winter is over. 

I am a bit baffled and amazed (and some of you are probably amazed too!) that I would share my “before” photo with you.  Of course, it is a bit humbling, but isn’t that how others are encouraged and inspired?  I know I am always encouraged to see how someone gets from humble Point A to marvelous Point B.

BEFORE:

IMG_8623

My seasons and categories were getting way out of hand!

AFTER:

IMG_8628

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I organized my clothing with the spring and summer items towards the front of my closet and piled by type of clothing – shirts, capris/shorts, pants, lighter long-sleeved items, and heavier long-sleeved items.

I also decided that I would pull my spring and summer skirts from the back rod of my closet and push the winter blouses to the back.  Before, I had all of my skirts along the back, but it seems to make more sense to put the skirts with the proper season as well.

Have you prepped your closet for summer?

2 comments:

  1. Wow looks awesome!! I usually summerize my childrens but never mine..I should!!

    ReplyDelete