Saturday, May 7, 2011

Appreciation Celebration

Years ago I got the idea to set apart a time to celebrate my husband, not because it was Father’s Day or his birthday but “Just Because”.  The kids enjoy blessing their dad in this way.  I had been thinking recently that it was time to throw another party for Brian, and it was on their minds too.  We picked out a good day and set forth!

We always decorate!

IMG_8269

We set the table nicely and

hang some streamers and signs too!

IMG_8272

When I plan the event, I try to think of  special foods my husband REALLY likes, possibly something we haven’t had in a long time or even something the kids may not even like.  One year I made Peanut Butter Pasta.  My husband loved it, even though it wasn’t a hit with the kids and me.  The party is for my husband, so I try to cater to him!

This time Mel’s Kitchen Café came to the rescue once again.  When I received her blog posts in my email inbox with scrumptious Indian food, I knew what to make!  Brian loves Indian food, and I have been hoping for years to get some good Indian recipes on hand.

I made Indian Butter Chicken and Naan Bread.  They turned out absolutely wonderfully.  We felt like we were eating at an Indian restaurant, for a portion of the cost!  My husband couldn’t believe I had made the Naan all from scratch!

IMG_8278

For dessert I made Peanut Butter Fudge Treats.  Brian loves peanut butter and chocolate together, so I knew he would love these!

IMG_8291

Of course, we made the event a Surprise!  That is half the fun of it!  This time Brian was supposed to be out of the house for the first half of a Saturday.  When his event was canceled, we had to do things very secretly at home.  Fortunately, he had a lot of computer work to do, so he was hiding out in his “man cave” for a good portion of time. 

Besides decorating and making good food, we create and write cards for Brian, telling him how much we love him and appreciate him.  Again, the purpose of this appreciation celebration is for him to know how much we cherish him.

IMG_8294

 

 

We love you dearly, Brian!

Thank you for all you do for us and our home!

1 comment: