Monday, December 27, 2010

Change of Pace

IMG_7381

Life comes with is pressures and expectations, even Christmas came with its own bundle!  This week many of us are blessed to have a vacation, but with the word, “vacation,” comes its own pressures and expectations.  You’ve got to recover from Christmas, plan for the New Year, tackle the project list … Oh, and don’t forget to relax – after all, isn’t that what vacation is all about?!

If you’re like me, you start to formulate what your week will look like, and before long, you realize your week isn’t really going to be like that.  No, I’m not going to get full nights’ sleep.  I have a six month old baby who has been waking up multiple times a night for a couple months now and as of today, appears to be teething or fighting something.  She’s got a crusty nose, a mild fever, and doesn’t want to eat much solid food.  No, I’m not going to sit around playing games, watching movies, and dating my husband ALL WEEK.  YES, I am going to schedule SOME of that, but I still have a family to care for, mouths to feed, and a house that needs order.  With all of this, I realize I need a perspective change.  Instead of thinking this is a “vacation” where I will have loads of rest and be secluded on some faraway, exotic island, I am going to think of it as a

“Change of Pace”. 

I will still have plenty to do.  However, as I mentioned, I am going to make the best of the week and schedule some fun events in the mix (and have already!).  Sure, I might have to put Christmas gifts away STILL or plan for school next week, but I can do my best to regroup and refocus this week.  I can work hard to have a good perspective, enjoying each day to the best of my ability.

No matter what you are doing this week, I hope you are able to have a “Change of Pace”.  May your time during the holiday season be one of refreshing and not be burdensome to you.

Blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, "change of pace" is exactly it!! I was thinking of this myself recently. My man is home "on vacation" since last Thursday and through this week, but much of what I do still has to be done. I still have to fix meals, do laundry, pick up, etc. But I can do it at a slower pace, making time to do things together or taking time to just sit together. I like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete