Saturday, June 19, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies?

 IMG_4685

Well, Baby hasn’t arrived yet.   I’ve got to keep myself busy – what better way than to bake, especially with Father’s Day tomorrow?!  I made these cookies tonight, and my hubby said, “This is the best Father’s Day present”.  I did buy him some other items as well, but he was more than happy to eat these tonight as an early gift.  I’ve made these cookies the past few times I have opted to bake chocolate chip cookies.  My family says this recipe is the best.  It makes about 20 large-sized cookies.  I use a muffin scoop to put the batter on the pans.

Oh, the funny part is how I discovered this recipe… I was looking for an image of a chocolate chip cookie on Google for one of the kids’ school charts.  I found a picture of this cookie and saw there was a recipe linked to it.  The rest is history…

(Recipe source:  http://onewholeclove.typepad.com/one_whole_clove/2005/11/chocolate_chip_.html)

The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You Will Ever Need
2 cups never bleached flour (all purpose will do)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a cookie sheet(s) with silpat mat.  (I do not have a silpat mat, so I spray with oil or use parchment paper).
Sift flour, salt and baking soda together; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until well blended.  Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until mixture becomes creamy.
Mix the sifted ingredients all at once until just blended.  Stir in chocolate chip cookies with a wooden spoon.
Drop by 4 tablespoons of cookie dough at a time onto prepared cookie sheets.  Cookies should be evenly spaced about 3 inches apart.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges turn a light brown.
Cool on baking sheets for 15 minutes.  Transfer to wire racks with rubber spatula to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! Are these the ones you brought when you came over? I will have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete