Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo Celebration

Well, we did have a little Mexican celebration yesterday, as I mentioned I would probably do in my meal planning.  We made a chili pepper and sombrero garland, the Taco Ring for dinner (shown in the photo without garnishes), and of course, the Banana Choco Tacos for dessert.  We also talked about the history behind Cinco de Mayo and how it is celebrated today.

IMG_4942 IMG_4943

(If this photo doesn’t tempt you to make these, I don’t know what will!  They were delicious – a hit with everyone in the family!)

IMG_4947

The instructions for the Banana Choco Tacos says to make them like quesadillas, without folding.  As you can see, mine are folded.  I thought these would be easier to eat.  I put a tortilla in the melted butter and loaded one side of it with the filling.  Then I folded it over.  Once the bottom was cooked, I turned it to cook the other side.  All of this happens quite quickly, so be on your toes!

Did you do anything special for Cinco de Mayo?

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment