Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pony Party!


Last week my daughter turned six years old. She wanted a pony party. Being pregnant, I have been under the weather quite a bit lately. I didn't even think about many of the party details until the last minute. About two days before the party, I was hastily searching for a pony cake. I had already rectified in my mind that I would be making a box cake to make things simpler. Lo and behold, I found a Betty Crocker, You Tube video that showed how to make this lovely pony cake, and I found the instructions on their web site. I was a bit rushed with all of the chilling in between to make a successful crumb coat of frosting, but it still turned out quite nicely. If you have a young girl who loves ponies, I'd definitely encourage this cake. Not only does it look so adorable, it tastes absolutely marvelous as well. :-)
Blessings,
Lisa
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I agree! You did a great job! Did you do chocolate or yellow cake? You should post other cakes and goodies you've done. You always do such creative things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments!

    I used chocolate cake, even though the recipe used yellow. It was delicious, and the frosting was yummy - a mix of chocolate and vanilla.

    ReplyDelete