Saturday, November 21, 2009

Strawberry Smoothie!


I know what you're thinking... "Um, Lisa, a smoothie is the LAST thing I am thinking about as we approach the holidays". That may be true, but if you ever get a hankering, I ran into a wonderful recipe tonight.

I was craving a strawberry smoothie and wanted to make it with plain yogurt. I searched a bit online and found this delicious, not-to-sweet, refreshing smoothie recipe.

I used frozen strawberries for my fruit, and the smoothie turned out wonderfully.

Enjoy,
Lisa

Adapted from:


Yogurt Smoothie

1 cup plain, unflavored yogurt
1 cup fruit (your choice - strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, etc.)
1/4 cups milk (probably more if fruit is frozen)
1 dash(es) honey
Ice

Preparation: Place yogurt, fruit, milk, a handful of ice and honey to taste all into a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste it for sweetness and add more honey if needed.

Pour, drink, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment