Monday, November 23, 2009

Spoiled!

The other night as I was walking through the grocery store, I felt spoiled. I oftentimes will feel this way when I am in the grocery store - oodles of tasty, healthy (and not so healthy) food at my fingertips, and I didn't grow any of it! Sometimes I get in my analytical mode and think about how much food we eat as a family and where that food comes from. Even recently, I said to Brian, "Think about how many chicken breasts our family just ate. Would we be able to keep up with that if we had to raise our own animals"? It gives you something to think about!

With Thanksgiving around the corner, it's important to think about how spoiled we really are, especially here in America, and especially as Christians. God takes such good care of us, even in this suffering economy. We have so many privileges and freedoms. Truly, we have lot to be thankful for!

This Thanksgiving I am spoiled with:
*A great husband
*Beautiful children and another in the womb
*Loving family members
*Great friends
*A warm home
*Abundant and delicious food
*Continual help from my Lord
ETC...

I pray you will be able to think about how *you* are spoiled. No matter what our situation, we have things to be thankful for. I pray your heart will be filled with thanksgiving and that you will be able to enjoy some time with those you love.

Happy Thanksgiving!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment