Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Morning Chores


This summer, while we were still schooling, I was frustrated with the start of each day. I felt we were very frazzled. It was hard to get everyone on the same page, starting at the same time. It was hard for me to jump into school when I had a million other things on my mind, especially the cleanliness and order of my home. I really put some thought and prayer into the matter and am trying some things.

One of the things I have incorporated is the morning chore. Before doing the morning chore, breakfast must be eaten and typical morning routines must be done (dress, make bed, do hair and teeth). Then each child is given a chore to accomplish. Yesterday my 8yo vacuumed the family room, my almost 6 yo put all of the shoes into the laundry room closet (where they belong), and my 4.5 yo collected all of the kids' laundry. Today, I was super excited because my kids were asking me what their morning chores were. I didn't even have to initiate. Today my 8yo swept the foyer, my 6 yo folded some laundry on the futon, and my 4.5 yo emptied out the dryer.

Each day I see what my greatest need is around the house and dish out a few small tasks. Accomplishing these tasks brings me a breath of fresh air, gets the kids' blood pumping, and teaches them some great responsibility! I am thankful for the morning chores!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment