Thursday, September 4, 2014

Packing Lunches: How a Divided Container Helps!

Packing Lunches - The Cozy Nook

A couple years ago I wrote about my goal to pack a better lunch for my husband. I was packing some pretty lame lunches, and I wanted to improve!

When we started eating differently so we could shed some pounds, I  started to use a divided container to pack my husband’s lunch. It has worked wonders.

Using a divided container helps me purpose to fill each spot provided and pack a more varied lunch.

Rather than just throwing in some leftovers or a quick sandwich with a possible piece of fruit, I am more thoughtful about what I am putting together for him.

Here are some sample lunches I have made:

Lunchbox 1

Deli wrap, Plum, Pickle Spear


Lunchbox 2

Hamburger Patty, Red Pepper with Hummus,
Blueberries, Cottage Cheese

Lunchbox 3

Boiled Eggs, Chips and Salsa,
Blueberries, Mini Red Pepper

Lunchbox 4

Deli Wrap, Cucumbers, Peaches

Lunchbox 5

Middle-Eastern Bean and Potato Salads,
Deli Meat, Pear

If you are packing lunches for someone, try a divided container. I think you’ll like the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment