Here’s what a typical mom’s “To-Do” list might look like:
- Read the Bible
- Vacuum the van
- Get caught up on laundry
- Water the plants
- Return merchandise to the store
- Call Betsy
- Take the kids to the dentist
- Thaw meat for tomorrow
- Look into family vacation options
- Plan meals for tomorrow’s grocery shopping
Here is how a mom’s REAL “To-Do” list looks:
- Read the Bible and get interrupted by a waking child
- Wipe up the spill in the kitchen
- Answer the 1,000th question for the day
- Clean up the mess the kids made and/or train them to do it!
- Wrack your brain to figure out what you are making for each meal, as your child asks you what’s for snack because he’s hungry
- Break up the kids’ squabble
- Quickly dump a load in the washer because someone doesn’t have any more clean underwear
- Muster up the energy to make a dinner that some people in the house won’t appreciate or even like
- Scurry to the dentist while holding the Velcro toddler
somemany of the things on today’s “To-Do” list because they just.aren’t.going.to.get done.
- Crash at the end of the day and hope you have strength to do it all again tomorrow.
Yes, it’s true. Oftentimes we have big goals and dreams for our days, and things just don’t get done.
When making, doing, and then evaluating our “To-Do” lists at the end of the day, we must remember these things:
We will not get everything done.
We must prioritize.
We must be flexible.
We must do our best to follow God in calmness and godliness.
We must keep relationship first!
Be encouraged, moms! Do your best and let God do the rest!
Love your children and enjoy the life God has given you!