Thursday, April 4, 2013

“Early to Rise” Update

This is my third week trying to get up early.  Here were my wake-up times:

Monday 6:30 a.m.
Tuesday 6:50 a.m.
Wednesday 6:30 a.m.
Thursday 6:15 a.m.

As I mentioned on my Facebook page, I have been trying to get up at 6:30 a.m. and would like to move that back to 6:00 a.m.

Today I was able to get up at 6:15 a.m., thanks to God’s initiation and grace!  I woke up at 5:35 a.m. due to a coughing child and couldn’t sleep well after that. I REALLY did not want to get out of bed, especially since I had gone to bed late last night and am juggling some great emotions in my life right now.  HOWEVER, I thought of Andy Traub’s encouragement to be in charge of my day and take advantage of the early morning hours, so by 6:15, I was “up and at ‘em”.

Now that I am up, I am blessed.  I have quiet in my home.  I am able to focus on reading and writing, activities that require peace and a lot of myself.  I do not regret getting up early. 

Having trouble waking up early?  Andy Traub encourages you to make it cost something if you don’t get up. Tell a friend you will buy her lunch that day if you don’t get up.  Allow your spouse a special outing or tell your spouse you will take care of the kids all night.  Do something that raises the stakes!

I guarantee that you will not be disappointed if you wake up earlier.  You will enjoy the peace.  You will enjoy the lack of interruptions (in general).  You will enjoy being productive.

Try it… Wake up earlier.  You’ll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment