Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What Are Your Dreams?

PA030016

Tonight I am filling in for one of the girls’ classes at church.  Being the coordinator of our girls’ groups on Wednesday nights, I find myself subbing last minute oftentimes.  Tonight is one of those nights.  I am always thankful when the Lord gives me a nugget to share with the girls, as it is my heart to provide an atmosphere of true discipleship, where girls are learning about God and are encouraged to love Him more.

After praying, I flipped through my daughter’s devotional book and found a devotion on dreams.  Many of us are familiar with this verse:

Jeremiah 29:11
”’For I know the thoughts that I think toward you’, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope’”.

That is God’s heart towards us… to give us peace, a good future, and hope!

Truly, eternity with Him will be amazing, but I believe it is God’s desire to give us a vibrant life here on earth… til He returns.

Oftentimes we get caught up in the imminent, especially as adults with a lot of responsibility, and we forget about our dreams.  God has dreams for us!

I ask you today, “What are your dreams?”

Have you thought about them lately?

What are your personal dreams?
What dreams do you have for your household or family?
What dreams do you have for those outside of your own household?
What dreams do you have for the world?

Write down your dreams.  Pray about them.  Pursue them, even bit by bit.

Don’t let the pressure of today keep you from dreaming and creating a better life for yourself and for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment