Friday, May 25, 2012

Homeschooling Bookshelf Redo

Our homeschool base is in our kitchen.  Therefore, we need a spot for our books and supplies.  I have thought about putting the books in a different room, but that would be a hassle.  I have also thought about moving our homeschool downstairs, but don’t feel ready for that.  I like being on the main floor where I can attend to other duties of the home while my children are doing their work.

Up until a few weeks ago, this is what our kitchen looked like:  unbalanced, and not very appealing.

P5050049-001

Now, this is what it looks like:  crisp, clean, and yes – balanced! 

P5070001

We found these bookshelves at IKEA.  I just love them!  They fit perfectly into the small wall columns next to my window. 

The only thing I do not like about our set-up is that I have no wall space in my kitchen to put up wall décor.  Sniff sniff.  I will have to be creative with color and style some other way.

2 comments:

  1. I think that turned out great! Sorry about no wall space to play with. Maybe you can do a little banner or wreath over the window? And color does wonders! Hope you're having a good week friend!

    ReplyDelete