Friday, May 6, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal

In my life this week…

The baby has been cutting a tooth and my five year old has been sick with a cold and a hacking cough.  This has caused even more interruptions and less sleep for me.  I’ve felt very fatigued.

I’m still getting used to the fact that my husband’s job consumes our lives and my husband so much.  It’s not an easy transition for me, but I trust God will continue to help me.

On a positive note, we planned a getaway for my mom’s 60th birthday.  We will be spending a handful of days together near Traverse City, MI, renting a lovely home together.  I am looking forward to a vacation.  (I think I have forgotten what a vacation is!)

In our homeschool this week…

I think our homeschool has caught a bad case of spring fever.  The kids have had a hard time plodding on with their schoolwork.  The sunny days make them want to do other things, I guess, and the dreary, rainy days cause them to be unmotivated.  Can you relate?!  I’m trying to figure out the best way to move forward with vigor!

My favorite thing this week was…

I would have to say my favorite thing is that it is the weekend right now.  I am looking forward to regrouping and am hoping for a better week next week.

What’s working/not working for us…

My pom jar system still seems to be one of the best motivators around here.  If we are having a sluggish day or week, I will give out extra poms if schoolwork is done by lunch or extra chores are done.  It helps!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

IMG_8400

All in all, I am trying to keep perspective.  Our children sure are precious blessings!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

2 comments:

  1. Praying for a much better week next week, Lisa. Keep those Poms coming!!! :)

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this journal! Ooo how neat, traverse city, I used to live right around there! ;} The poms are great here too..my kids are so motivated by this!

    ReplyDelete