Saturday, April 23, 2011

Resurrection Sunday

IMG_8007-1

As I prepare for our Resurrection Sunday celebrations this weekend, I have to revisit my post at Christmas time.  Sometimes holidays creep up on me way too fast!  This week has been exceptionally busy, and I don’t have anything grandiose up my sleeve.  That could discourage me, but I am trying to fight that discouragement.  I am trying to keep perspective and remember to keep my spirit at peace so I do not lose the focus of what I am celebrating this weekend – the death and resurrection of my Lord Jesus!!!

With that said, I am going to try to make some Hot Cross Buns.  I am simplifying a bit and planning to make Hot Cross Biscuits.  Last year I came across recipes for Hot Cross Buns and thought they would be fun to try.  I like special food for special times, and the cross on the top of the buns just seems to emphasize the message of the day, which I love!

We will be visiting family throughout the weekend.  I will be taking a layered salad and a banana split dessert.  My parents always do a fun egg hunt for the kids, and they look forward to it. 

In the end, I pray we can keep our focus on Jesus.  He is the reason we live and move and have our being!  (Acts 17:28)

Remember…

He is risen!

He is risen indeed!

What are you doing to celebrate the holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment