Sunday, February 13, 2011

My niece’s birthday

Last week we celebrated my niece’s seventeenth birthday.  It’s amazing to think about how she moved in with us over two years ago now and also amazing to see the work God has done in all of us.

For breakfast I made one of my niece’s favorite delights…

Lemon Scones!!!

I have been thinking more and more lately about how I need to start prepping my breakfast food at night time, so I tried it this time.  I prepared the scones the night before and refrigerated them overnight.

IMG_7815

In the morning, I baked them and glazed them.  They turned out wonderfully, and I was so glad!

IMG_7821

For dinner we had Pizza Hut – my niece’s favorite pizza, and I surprised her by bringing home ice cream cupcakes from Maggie Moo’s, which she exclaims has the “best ice cream in the whole world!” 

IMG_7822-1IMG_7832

Happy Birthday, Kaylee!

May this year bring you joy and fullness

through Jesus Christ, our Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday to me!

    I have been thinking about making breakfast the night before as well.. maybe freezing homemade waffles too. ;)

    ReplyDelete