Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Superbags!

I wasn’t sure what to call these bags.  Initially, I was going to call them the “Boredom Bags” or the “I’m Bored Bags”, but that does NOT sound inspirational at all.  I discussed it with my oldest son, and he thought they should be called, “Superbags”.  The other kids agreed!

IMG_7463

I started making a bag with my five year old son in mind, at first.  He oftentimes has moments throughout the day when he doesn’t know what to do.  We will find him mulling around, doing close to nothing, or standing on his head on the couch.  Therefore, I thought it would be wise to make a bag for him, one that had various activities and tasks inside to occupy him.  We can use it on his initiative or mine, whenever we need it.  Basically, he is to draw a slip of paper out of the bag and do what it says.  The activities center around chores, doing kind things for a sibling, building, crafting, physical exercise, and toys he owns that he rarely plays with or just got for Christmas!

IMG_7457

I thought my other children might hop on board, and sure enough, they did.  They made bags, too!  Now we know what to do when someone looks or says, “I’m bored”. 

4 comments:

  1. Very Interesting! Don't know how many times I've heard "I'm bored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Lisa! I can't believe how quickly kids get bored today -- or think they are bored! -- when there are so many possibilities of things to do! Perhaps you should market this... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should make one of those for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea!! I want to try this sometime this winter! I especially like the "do something kind for a sibling" :).

    Thanks for stopping over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete