Sunday, January 30, 2011

Managing Mondays

Well, Monday is here again.  Sometimes I feel more prepared for Mondays and other times, not so much.  This time it’s a “not so much”.  The weekend has been full of some of that “night time parenting”.  My sweet baby has been miserably sick, last night and now tonight.  Brian and I have been juggling her together – taking turns rocking, walking, singing, praying, and trying to get her and us some rest. 

I am not on top of planning much of my week right now, with regard to meals and school.  I know it will all come together, but currently it seems a bit overwhelming.  Nonetheless, I know that Monday is here.  I need to set my face to the week and manage the best I can.

I try to manage Mondays by:

  • Expecting less of myself and the day – so that if things don’t go “perfectly”, I can adjust better.
  • Make meals, especially breakfast, fairly easy.
  • Creating good experiences, when I can, throughout the day – like, of course, eating good food!  You know I love to cook!

Last Monday, we had some of that cozy food that makes you feel better about Monday.

 

Homemade Hot Cocoa

IMG_7602

and

Baked Potato Soup with BLTs

*The BLT’s had turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo, and mustard on them.  YUM!

IMG_7603

This Monday is less predictable at the moment, but I know God is faithful and will help us to succeed.

What do you do to manage your Mondays?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good Monday even if it doesn't go exactly as planned (like how most of my Mondays go!). Flexibility and changes-on-the-go are the keys to this parenting thing! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondays, blah lol I try to remind myself its not get everything done day! We take lots of big breaks from school...easier breakfast and lunch. Do what I can and try to make it fun! Pretty soon we will have our PE for our homeschool group of faith on mondays so that will make the day fun again haha Love your dinner, mmmmmmmmm! I need to make hot coca again soon, I love it homemade in the crock pot! Only that is, its really warm here! boo!

    Hope baby is better soon..will be praying!
    blessings, sarah beth

    ReplyDelete