Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions, One by One

 

New Years Resolutions

Credit

The end of the year has arrived, and many people are thinking about their New Year’s Resolutions.  I’ve got plenty of my own regarding subjects like sleep, health, hobbies, and my time with God.  I think it can be very beneficial for us to take time to evaluate our lives and write down our thoughts and goals.  If we have a vision in mind, it is easier to accomplish our dreams!

If you are trying to make a Resolutions list for yourself, try writing down categories:  Personal, Health, Hobbies, Relationships, Finances, Organization, Household, Homeschool, etc…  This might help you think about what you would like to change in your life.  Ask yourself questions like:  What needs improvement?  What are my interests and hopes?  What does God want me to do in this area?

Secondly, I read a post recently that encouraged people to think of a purposeful word to focus on in the new year – words like:  faith, home, margin, peace, debt-free…  I can think of many words that I would like to see fit with my new year, but the one that stands out the most for me would be JOY!

With all of that said, please remember that a Resolutions list can be overwhelming to make and also overwhelming to fulfill!  If you can not make an entire list, start by writing down ONE thing you would like to accomplish.  If you do create a list, tackle the most important thing first.  For me, I am REALLY going to try to work on going to bed earlier and getting more sleep.  (Pray for me!)  I think many of my other desires will fall into place if I feel more rested and able to tackle the issues of life.  Most of us can not work on getting more sleep, starting a good exercise routine, eating more healthfully, organizing the entire house, crafting more often, learning the piano, making bread, and other wonderful things ALL AT ONCE

Oh, and remember…

You don’t have to have your list completed by January 1st!!  ~smile~

May your New Year be blessed

with newness of life in our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment