Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Food Planning

I realize I am talking about food a lot lately.  Yes, it is one of my passions, and what a great time to have special food – at Christmas!  I am planning out what food we will have on Christmas Eve (when we celebrate with our own household) and then on Christmas Day with our families.  Here’s what the list looks like right now.

 

Christmas Eve

Breakfast:  Cinnamon Rolls, Turkey Sausage

Lunch:  Cheese Fondue with Dippers, Strawberry Spinach Salad, and Homemade Sub Sandwiches(?)

Dinner:  Chicken Italian, Bruschetta, Green Beans, Angel Hair Pasta

Dessert:  Chocolate Fondue with Dippers, hopefully by a roaring fire!

 

Christmas Day

I am in charge of taking dessert to both of our families’ houses.  I am hoping to take some Christmas cookies along with the following:

Red Velvet Cake to my parents’ house.

Chocolate Topped Peanut Butter Mousse Cake to my in-laws’ house.

What are you planning for your Christmas celebration?  Do you have any foods that you typically eat?

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, your Red Velvet Cake reminded me of an entry on friend's blog. You might like to try these:
    http://mealplanningmommies.blogspot.com/2010/12/babycakes-sweet-treat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, those look spectacular!! Thanks for sharing. Maybe I will make those another time. Valentine's Day? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds yummy! Do you have a recipe for the Mousse Cake? Make sure to take lots of pics of the food! You know you have to blog about it! (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I agree about Susie's link on the babycakes. I want to try them too! I bookmarked the recipe. That looks like a neat blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie D will love that. Tell her to have a piece for me. :) Pumpkin pie is our traditional dessert, but this year we are also having trifle which is a little but lighter after a big meal.

    ReplyDelete