Friday, November 19, 2010

Invention #1–Cheeseburger Quesadillas

“Necessity is the mother of invention.”

That has been true for me this week.  I was getting low on groceries and was not able to make it to the store yet.  I needed and wanted to be creative.  I made up a couple, new ideas/recipes.  Today I will showcase the first one, and I will share the other one soon!

IMG_6872

Cheeseburger Quesadillas

  • 10 –12 tortillas
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • garlic pepper
  • 1 to 2 T ketchup and mustard
  • cheese – sliced or shredded
  • diced tomatoes
  • diced pickles

Saute ground beef and onion with garlic pepper until beef is browned.  Drain.  Add ketchup and mustard to beef and saute for a few minutes.

Layer beef mixture with cheese, tomatoes, and pickles on half of a tortilla.  Fold the other half over the mixture.  Place in an oiled, frying pan and cook until both sides are golden – flipping in the middle of the process, of course!

Enjoy!

*Obviously, you can customize for your eaters.  I omitted the tomatoes and pickles for my 5 year old.

1 comment:

  1. Love the lil quote on top~ isnt that the truth! :) these look delish! cant wait to try!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete