Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When I am weak, then I am strong

Ever find yourself feeling weak – either physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, or altogether?!  When Paul found himself weak, due to the “thorn in his flesh”, he PLEADED with the Lord THREE times for Him to take it away and what was God’s response?  “My GRACE is sufficient for you, for My STRENGTH is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 2:9)

In God’s kingdom, our weakness is a good thing.  It allows God to show HIS strength.  It allows us to see HIS grace at work – not our own efforts getting us out of messes and solving our own problems.  God wants to draw us closer to Him, and He uses trial and difficulty to do that.  During those times, we choose whether we will resist His drawing and teaching or let Him woo us – no matter how painful it seems.  I admit…. I have been resisting some things in my own life and finding it hard to submit to God’s work in me.  However, I realize that acceptance of God’s will and my weakness is the way to gain strength.  That is the way to find joy and peace.  When we fight our situations in life, it only brings stress, negativity, discontentment, and anger.  If we can ACCEPT them, God can work in our hearts and make us strong in Him.

I’m praying I can be like Paul and say, “I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment