Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Plant Philia

IMG_4610

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Philia (Phileo) is a Greek word for brotherly love – one of the loves in the Bible.

Last summer we remodeled our basement.  Included in that remodel was the establishment of a “man cave” (i.e. office) for my husband.  It is one of the most used areas of the house now, well at least by my husband.  Somehow, something was missing, though.

Last week my husband came home with a grin on his face and a large, stapled shut, paper bag in hand.  I asked him what was inside.  To his delight, he replied, “My plants!”  Sure enough, he bought some plants for his man cave!  He even bought special pots for them, as you can see from the photo.  I told him he must be getting lonely down there and needed some friends.  I’m starting to think that is true because he has even named his plants, according to their kinds - “Philo”, “Jade” and “Freckles”. 

Men need their caves, but they need friends too.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a nod to my new plant friends, Lis.

    I used dirt from an outside bed, plus peat and a little fertilizer when I potted these. I just read using outside dirt isn't good because you can introduce pests and deseases (unless you cook your dirt first.. how happy would it make the Cozy Nook blogger if I cooked dirt in her oven? :P). Anyhow, any tips on if I should repot using potting soil? -The Cave Man

    ReplyDelete