Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tortilla Treasure

IMG_4340

Recently, I found some tortillas at Costco that were fairly economical ($6.99 for 44 count) and seemed very tantalizing. They are all natural, containing only wheat flour, water, canola oil, salt, and sugar.

IMG_4339

You cook them on the skillet yourself so they are nice and fresh!

I tried them last night, and they were scrumptious! I think the only thing that could make them better is if they were whole wheat.

If you shop at Costco, check them out! I found them in the half-height refrigerated section near the hummus, salsa, sliced cheese and other treasures.

AND…. if you want to try a new recipe with the tortillas try this recipe. (This is actually what I made last night with my tortillas). The recipe is from my friend, Rebekah.

Chicken Flautas

IMG_4343Boil and shred 2 full chicken breasts. Cook with taco seasoning. Mix with 8 oz. sour cream. Put mixture in tortilla (only need a small amount going down the center of the tortilla) and then into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Fill pan (about 8 flautas).

Pour can of enchilada sauce on top. Sprinkle top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake at 325 for 45 minutes (covered). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, all your recipes always sound so good! I want to try this one too! It seems easy enough and I've been looking for something new to try with chicken! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete