Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Date Time

Flowers, chocolates, and a nice dinner for two... I'm sure that's what you are thinking about, right? Think again. This time imagine a mother with her four year old son, fondly following him around the dollar store with a smile and a warm heart as he carefully chooses Christmas gifts for his siblings. Follow that up with a hot meal in a cozy booth at Taco Bell. Yep, that's the date I had the other day, and it was absolutely lovely. I love having date time with my children, and they love it too. They often ask for date time, whether it's waking up early to play a game or make breakfast together or going out somewhere for a short while together. It's so wonderful to hop away from the busyness of life and bond with your children. If you haven't done it in a while or not at all, think about giving this gift to your children over the holidays. Plan a date with them, individually or a couple of them together. You will feel blessed, and so will they!

Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that is so sweet! I love those one on one times with my kids too! I need to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete