Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches

I have made these sandwiches a couple times now, and they are a hit - yummy and pretty simple to make! I hope you like them. I served them with mashed potatoes and FRESH pineapple last night. YUM! (The recipe is posted "as is" from the blog referenced. I did not use the cheese either time, and the sandwiches were still very good!)

Blessings,
Lisa

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches

This is good to put in the crockpot for after church. I found chicken for .99/lb so I made some tonight to put into the freezer.
Ingredients:
2.5 cups cooked chicken
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (or you can make your own by mixing soy sauce & brown sugar)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
oil to saute
buns
provolone cheese
Directions:
Saute onion and pepper in oil until tender. Mix all other ingredients and heat until it comes to a boil. Serve on buns with cheese. A nice side would be Asian coleslaw and some pinapple slices. To make Asian coleslaw (I'm flying by the seat of my pants now), just mix slaw, mayo, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and a pinch of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment